Monday, March 5, 2007

Another Day in Guangzhou
















Hi Everyone! Well, all the official paperwork is now out of our hands and being delivered to the American Consulate as we type. After today, we will just be waiting to get Emilia's Visa for the trip back home. Yesterday, we had her Visa photos taken as well as a final medical examination for the American side of things. Emilia was so good through it all.

She has now started to pitch what appears to be the international language of "pay attention to me" or "give me what I want now"! We have lovingly referred to her arching backwards as the "Emilia lunge". It didn't take long for her to test us, and boy, is she good at it!!!

What other little tidbits can we share about Emilia? .... she loves the remote control; she already has figured out what to do with the phone. She converses with herself and proceeds to crack herself up. She loves to play "this little piggy went to the market..."; loves having her feet and hands rubbed; and she likes her books.

Yesterday, we were on our way to a museum of Chinese Folk Art and for the first time, she grabbed my face and kissed me! She then proceeded to reach for Tom and kissed him as well! Can you imagine how overjoyed we were with that??!!!

The night before last, we enjoyed an evening boat cruise down the Pearl River. It was extraordinarily beautiful with all the lights coming from the city on both sides. Guangzhou is a city of 16 million so the stretch of high rises and activity goes on for miles down the river.

I also wanted to mention a moment I had in the elevator with Emilia the first night we arrived at the White Swan. We were riding up and a group of Chinese business men entered the elevator with us. They looked over and asked if I was adopting Emilia. After I told them that we were, they told me that they were very grateful. Another gentleman asked how long we'd had her and said that I was a blessing and an angel. I quickly replied that she was our blessing and certainly our angel. It was a brief conversation, but certainly contained much heartfelt appreciation.

We are definitely ready to come home and look so forward to seeing everyone. Just as many of you have conveyed that you love reading our posts, it is with as much anxiousness that we read your comments. They mean so much and we appreciate all the sentiments and love that are being sent to us.

We need to go now to get back to the hotel just in case any questions arise on our paperwork. We hope you enjoy the latest photos! Until tomorrow.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, more news and pictures! Wow how cute is Emilia. Ok her parents aren't bad either. It is getting closer and closer till you are on your way home and for sure I am looking forward to picking you guys up at the airport. It sounds like you are getting alot of sights in while you are in China what great memories you will have to share with Emilia and stories to tell about all the pictures. I can just picture her playing with her little cousins and ok maybe with her two older ones. (SMILING)
love and kisses and keep the info coming

Aunt Jul said...

Hi again and thank you. I hear your voice as I read the updates, it's just so nice turning on my computer in the morning and seeing all of you. I hope you let us know when we can see her and you both of course. Have a wonderful time and enjoy each day. Love Aunt Jul and the rest of the clan. kisses and hugs to all.

Aunt Jul said...

Hi again and thank you. I hear your voice as I read the updates, it's just so nice turning on my computer in the morning and seeing all of you. I hope you let us know when we can see her and you both of course. Have a wonderful time and enjoy each day. Love Aunt Jul and the rest of the clan. kisses and hugs to all.

Aunt Jul said...

SORRY I HIT THE ENTER TWICE.